Happy Christmas Eve...in the hustle and bustle lets remember the reason we celebrate: Jesus!
Making a difference everyday
You are reading the final post about 46 ways to make it Christmas everyday. This journey to Christmas started on November 10, 2008, as a result of Bart Shatto's inspiring song at the TSO concert. His challenge to make it Christmas everyday inspired me two years in a row. This year I chose to come up with ways to continue spreading the Christmas cheer.
To date, we've looked at 41 ways to make a difference. We started 46 days before Christmas and today I'm finishing up with 5 final suggestions to make it Christmas everyday.
Suggestions 42 through 46
42. Give free food to help alleviate hunger. It's easy to join the approximately 220,000 daily visitors from around the world. According to the site, to date "more than 300 million visitors have given more than 500 million cups of staple food." Just one click on the yellow "Click Here to Give - it's FREE" button and you make a practical difference to someone.
43. Support a child by giving free healthcare. Be one of the about 70,000 people who visit the site daily. Choose the "Click Here to Give - it's FREE" button and you'll be part of the over 100 million visitors who've helped more than 2,161,000 children. Here's what your visit will help fund:
"the administration of Vitamin A to prevent life-threatening childhood illness and disease as well as one preventable cause of childhood blindness; the manufacture and fitting of children's prostheses so that a child injured by a landmine or other accident can still walk, run and play and still has a fighting chance to be a productive contributor in his or her society as an adult; eye surgeries that can reverse one kind of childhood blindness; and HIV testing that will alert medical personnel that a mother may pass the infection onto her child at birth so that she can be treated and the newborn spared of this terrible disease. When you click, once per day, every day, you are helping to get these types of treatments and services to the children who need them most."
44. Adopt a sister in Burundi. Just $30 a month will feed, clothe and shelter a widow and her children. In Burundi, a little country of about 8 million people, 1 million people were killed in a genocide. Thousands of war widows struggle to survive, feed their children and find shelter. For just $1 a day you can help these widows recover and become self-sufficient again.
45. Help people in Rwanda achieve reconciliation. Rwanda Partners works for Rwanda's healing and reconciliation. You can donate toward various programs: healing and reconciliation workshops ($50 each), income generating projects ($75 each), farm animals to help poor families ($35 each), or classrooms and dorms at the New Hope Center ($100 each).
46. Give to yourself...and invest in others. When you discover your unique wiring, you can unleash your potential to make the world a better place. Use the Semper Vita training to learn about your strengths and personality. There's no one like you anywhere. Find out how to maximize who you are and make a difference everyday! Please feel free to "Contact Us" to get started.
May these suggestions help us to continue the love and giving of Christmas throughout the year!