That's right! I turn 50 in 50 days. Half a century, quite a sobering thought. Since I cannot stop time, I choose not to worry about the number. That's the advice Sharon Greenthal shared in her article, "How to Turn 50" in the Huffington Post. Or, as my mother likes to say, you either get older or you don't. So, here's to turning 50 in a few days!
There are so many things to celebrate.
Today I reflected on my last decade.
- I worked at Timberlake for 5 years as pastor of adult ministries
- God led me to attend Fuller Theological Seminary and I completed my MA in Global Leadership
- There were the Christian writers conferences at Mount Hermon, California
- Fred and I celebrated our third decade of marriage
- The house was remodeled
- I started my training business, Semper Vita Institute, as well as a nonprofit, called Semper Vita, to help Christians understand and deploy their personalities
Then there were travels, life challenges, financial struggles, great family times, the joy of driving my two-seater, and everything else. A lot of life happened in 10 years!
One of the things I'm most excited about right now is that my book, The Story Lives, was published before I turn the big 50!
I am looking forward to reminiscing about my last 50 years and dreaming about what's ahead!