It is my New Year's Day tradition to focus on my hopes, dreams and goals. I don't make New Year's resolutions. We all know they don't work! :) Obviously not all my hopes, dreams and goals come true. At the beginning of each year I review last year's list, celebrate God's faithfulness and look forward to the New Year with a new list.
Hopes and dreams for 2012
- Among my hopes and dreams is to live each day to the full in peace, joy and hope.
- I also want to live with margin. Life is too short to race through it without enjoying God's special surprises along the way.
- Hopefully, we will get to travel somewhere wonderful like the Caribbean (again) or South Africa, my ultimate travel destination dream.
- Finally, I hope to be successful in my writing, speaking (I will be presenting at the NW Ministry Conference, March 22-24 at Overlake Christian Church), and with Semper Vita Institute, my StrengthsFinder and Myers-Briggs training company.
Goals for this year
- Make a difference
- Publish my book, "The Story Lives"
- Launch more Go Groups, a special kind of missional leadership multiplication group
- Start on my second book
- Stay in touch with family and friends
- Stay organized (apparently that's the key to success for an ENTP, my Myers-Briggs type)
Of course I can only hope to accomplish any of these if I stay close to God, follow Jesus and live according to his Spirit.
How about you? What are your plans? Do you make New Year's resolutions? Please leave a comment and share what you are looking forward to in 2012.